Exhibition Proposal for Gallery 924
Gallery 924 is a non-profit gallery space that exhibits the work of central Indiana contemporary artists and brings arts lovers together for exhibitions, First Friday openings, and special programs.
Exhibition proposals are welcome
Gallery 924 (Nine. Two. Four) shows contemporary work by artists with a strong connection to central Indiana. Past exhibited artwork has included a wide range of medium and subject matter, including 2D, 3D, digital, sound, light, interactive, performance, and more. We welcome new ideas.
- One-page document describing your proposed show - be sure to include the number and type of artworks you plan to include and why you believe Gallery 924 is the right fit.
- Up to 20 images of past or current work. At least 5 of these images should be work that will be in the show. If the work is all in process, please describe the new work in detail as it relates to the images you are sharing with us.
- Images sent via e-mail should be low resolution - 72dpi and less than 1MB each
- If files are over 5MB total, please send via Dropbox or WeTransfer. Please NO zip files.
- Image List: include title, date, medium, dimensions, and price or price range. Also include explanation of process or materials if appropriate.
- Current artist resume for each artist (please make sure your full name, current residential address*, website, e-mail address, and public social media handles are all on this document. *Artist must live or work within Marion or one of the eight surrounding counties if proposing a solo show.
INVITATIONAL AND GROUP SHOWS
As part of its slate of exhibitions, Gallery 924 hosts regular group shows either by invitation or through an open call. Open calls to artists for group shows (like the legendary TINY Show) can be found on the Indy Arts Guide/Artist Opportunities (sign up for the Artist Opportunities enews to have these calls delivered directly to your inbox!)
GOOD TO KNOW
Exhibitions are typically scheduled up to one year in advance and are chosen by the Indy Arts Council's Artist Engagement staff. Proposals are reviewed on a rolling basis and shows are generally chosen in late summer for the following year.