October-November 2023 | DeHaan Artist of Distinction Award Exhibition
Go on an art adventure to a remote Norwegian archipelago, examine dyed textile artwork exploring food and nutrition, and immerse yourself nature’s healing power in beautiful handmade books.
Art meets the natural world at this year’s DeHaan Artist of Distinction Award exhibition at Gallery 924, opening with a free First Friday reception from 6 to 9 p.m. October 6. We invite you to join us for drinks and to meet this year’s six featured artists.
In 2022, these Indiana-based contemporary artists received grants to take creative risks and test new mediums and technologies–and this show takes you on their journey. Other themes explored in the exhibit include memory and identity, trauma and transformation, and Black wellness.
- Boxx the Artist, painter and digital artist
- Jacinda Russell, photographer and bookmaker
- Jennifer Scheuer, printmaker and Ball State University associate art professor
- Ian Weaver, multimedia artist and St. Mary’s College associate professor
- Shamira Wilson, visual artist, farm apprentice and Wilson Art Lab founder
- Ventiko, photographer, filmmaker and social practice artist
The DeHaan Artist of Distinction Award program, which supports contemporary artists with grants of up to $10,000, is a partnership between Indy Arts Council and the Christel DeHaan Family Foundation. Applications for 2023 are open through November 3.
Can’t make it to First Friday?